The Growth of the Indian Furniture Industry

Advertisement
The Growth of the Indian Furniture Industry

The Indian furniture market was witnessing an almost exponential increase in the last few decades. The business demands the use of uncooked raw materials and that also in huge proportions. The furniture sector as a whole necessitates timber, wood, leather foundation panel, fabrics, metals, plastics and a lot of different substances in great supply. Wooden furniture is typically of diverse types, shapes, sizes as well as colour mixes. They serve various functions at houses, schools, schools, offices and other associations.

furniture industry

The Indian furniture business has been exporting and manufacturing top excellent furniture products to all around the world. In reality, through time, Indian wood furniture has developed a name for itself and discovered place in the houses of royals and commoners too. The business creates a turnover of nearly Rs. 3,500 crore annually. But the startling truth is that just 15 percent of the sector falls under the organized industry and the remaining 85 percent is included of the unorganized sector. The coordinated sector involves institutional production units and exporters that appeal to several sections of their society. A current analysis of this Indian furniture business has promised that the sector is slated to rise by over 20 percent in the next several years.

What exactly are the principal things having contributed to the rise of the furniture sector in India?

The idea of a wholesome lifestyle and decent living is quickly catching the middle course’ fancy in the nation. The middle course, buoyed by a rise in earnings, are selecting the services of interior decorators and receiving their homes upholstered according to their own fancy. They do not find spending a couple bucks extra on purchasing quality furniture. The increased buying power of the middle class has enormously contributed to the increase of the Indian furniture market. Australian manufacturers will also be investing more money in the market resulting in an all-round expansion.

Now, globalization has influenced each nook and corner of the planet. One does not have to spend an opportunity to obtain a product that is available on the opposite side of the world. In addition, it has augmented the need of Indian furniture. In any case, courtesy the press, individuals have learnt about great living and would like the very best furnishings in their houses. Architects and builders also have contributed to the development. This has caused an increased vulnerability of the products before the entire world industry.

Indian furniture sellers can also be opening retail outlets which only deal in furniture things. Formerly, furniture vendors were barely interested in opening shops. These areas are frequented by people throughout the entire year and Indian furniture makers have taken to the with aplomb.

Advertisement
The Growth of the Indian Furniture Industry | Rahmat Setiawan | 4.5